City Slicker or Suburban Soccer Mom?
There’s no place like home, especially when home includes a sprawling square footage of property that includes three or four bathrooms (the kids have their own), a family room, finished basement that includes a full recreation area, wet bar and pool table, and a master bedroom that is evocative of the palaces at Versailles. The sprawling expanse that is the backyard of such residences can easily accommodate the neighbors, their friends and their families. Barbecues or pool parties are the name of the game because space is not a problem, so hey – why not?
Said home’s walk-in closet is the size of some city homes’ bedrooms. No joke.
- The ability to walk to their favourite restaurant, coffee shop or movie theatre
- The ability to get by without a car
- The sense of community resulting from living in close proximity to your neighbours
- The “cool” factor
Those living in their suburban paradises wouldn’t dream of life in the big city and embrace the space provided by the nether regions of the city limits. While space is clearly one of the key reasons that many families decide to move to the suburbs, there are other factors as well:
- More affordable housing costs
- The perception of a more “safe” living environment for the family, particularly children
- The opportunity to have a newer and in some people’s estimation, a “nicer” home
- Peace and quiet – all night raves are less common beyond the city limits
Images courtesy of http://commons.wikimedia.org/
Want more parenting advice and tips? Click on the image below to get your copy of my eBook today!