Parenthood. There’s nothing like it.
When you cross that threshold, you can’t turn back. It’s all-consuming and often frustrating. If you’re doing it “right,” you’re also frazzled.
Some of us have been in the trenches for years; others are just setting foot into the craziness that comes with the title “mom” or “dad.” Either way, it’s a crazy and often exhausting trip when you’re on it.
If you’re not sure about your status as a parent, take a look at the following Top 10 list and see where you measure up.
The Top 10 Signs That You’re A Parent
1) You know all of the words to Dora the Explorer, The Backyardigans and Thomas the Tank Engine theme songs, to name a few
2) You’re thrilled when you experience five hours of uninterrupted sleep
3) The contents of your purse or carrying bag include crayons, wipes, a diaper or Pull-Up and Cheerios in a Ziploc bag, just in case
4) Poo doesn’t seem like that big of a deal anymore
5) You’ve recently decided that pizza, chicken fingers and grilled cheese sandwiches are food groups, in and of themselves
6) You’re really excited about the two-for-one special on Goldfish at your local grocery store
7) A hot Saturday night date includes The Wiggles
8) You find yourself humming or singing “If You’re Happy and You Know It,” “The Wheels on the Bus” or “John Jacob Jingelheimer Schmidt,”when no one else is around
9) You now have a minivan or similarly “uncool” vehicle…and you don’t care!
10) You really appreciate bedtime – both for your kids and yourself
So how did you measure up? Any other signs of parenthood that I’ve missed? Go ahead and comment below!
CLICK HERE to sign up for the free weekly Multiple Mayhem Mamma newsletter!
Image courtesy of http://dullumfile.areavoices.com