CBC RADIO INTERVIEW: Parenting in the Digital Age
My favourite topic was the subject of discussion recently.
Parenting in the Digital Age, an ongoing topic on this blog was the basis of discussion for my opinion on CBC Radio’s Fresh Air program.
Some of areas that were covered included the pervasiveness of social media and our kids, the future of technology as it affects our children and, of course, technology in the classroom.
To listen to the full interview, click here:
Some of the questions asked are noted below, with my thoughts.
2. What do you feel are the biggest technological threats to our kids?
3. How can parents find common ground with their kids in this digital age…especially if the parents aren’t tech-savvy?
4. What allowing digital devices such as smartphones and ipads to be used by students in classrooms? Where do we draw the line?
5. What about the growing trend of cyber-bullying? How can parents put a stop to this type of behaviour?
6. Do you think that this trend towards everything digital will reach a critical point where it might reverse itself and we’ll be back to the days of pen and paper?
7. What do you see as the next wave or trend when it comes to technology and kids? What should parents prepare themselves for?
What are your thoughts about parenting in the digital age? What do you think will be the key trends and issues in this area that parents will have to deal with, when raising their kids?
Want more parenting advice and tips? Click on the image below to get your copy of my eBook today!