PTAN Retro Memory #9 – Video Stores
Before Netflix was the go-to digital destination for movies, there was this quaint thing called “The Video Store.” The Friday and Saturday night ritual for many of us included a trip to this now-extinct locale, a place where rows and rows of physical videos – via the now defunct technology known as VHS tapes – promised a night of romantic comedy, blood-curdling horror or, for the less adventurous, good old family fun. It seems quaint now, going to a physical location to pick up movies on VHS or later via DVD, but going to these stores was a big part of the fun, anticipating the weekend with the promise of a good flick or two, recommended by the friendly clerk behind the counter.
- 5 stars!October 1, 2017 by laurabakes from Canada
Such a wonderful and engaging podcast with great parents insights!
- Love this podcast!! Engaging and nostalgic!September 25, 2017 by Ghghggxdgbnkf from Canada
Brings me back to the good ol days of my childhood!
- Insightful and engaging!September 14, 2017 by bweikle from Canada
This podcast offers such great perspective on parenting by framing how we raise kids today compared to how kids were raised just a short time ago. Samantha is a very engaging host and her show offers a unique and insightful perspective on family life!
- Informative and nostalgic!September 13, 2017 by GillJax from Canada
Good parenting interviews and quick hits of nostalgia from my childhood -- love it!
- Interesting and engagingSeptember 6, 2017 by mikey cadoch from Canada
Before I knew it I was 40 minutes in! Love it.
- Extremely witty and insightfulSeptember 6, 2017 by tassjacadoch from Canada
A must-listen for any parent! My new fave