Speaking and Presentations
After four kids, it’s pretty clear that Parenting is my thing. I’ve done it once and I’m doing it again and again…and again. My oldest is grown, my youngest two (identical twins) are not yet in school and my middle child is in grade school. What does all of this mean? That I have a very unique view of parenting. I’ve “been there and done that,” and I’m also there now, doing it again.
I’ve gleaned some valuable lessons along the way and have a lot to say about what I’m learning now in this era of Parenting 2.0.
As a professional communicator for over 15 years as well as a frequent media expert and spokesperson on parenting-related topics, I am able to bring an engaging, interactive and above all – humorous – discussion to interested audiences.
Media outlets where I’ve appeared include:
- CBC Radio 1 Here and Now
- CBC Radio 1 Metro Morning
- CBC Radio 1 Fresh Air
- CBC Marketplace(as featured subject/interviewee – February 2015)
- Canada AM (numerous appearances and am a regular Canada AM “Parenting Panel” guest)
- Toronto Life(featured subject re: Over-40 parenting)
- Entertainment Tonight
- Breakfast Television (Downright Domestic segments)
- Huffington Post Live (numerous appearances)
- CH Morning Live (numerous appearances)
- Newstalk 1010 (radio)
- 680 News (radio)
- CJAD 800 Montreal (radio) (numerous appearances)
- CTV News (6 and 11pm)
- Global News (6 and 11pm)
- Rogers Daytime Toronto (numerous appearances)
- The Morning Show – Global News (regular parenting contributor)
- The Ricki Lake Show – Parenting Advice (2012)
I was also a featured speaker as well as the panel moderator for the She’s Connected conference 2012 where I provided insight on the topic of The Top 10 Tactics For Working With Bloggers – one of the speaking topics/workshops that I currently offer. Since then, I’ve been both a panel guest, moderator, mentor and keynote speaker, most recently at Canada Newswire’s events in both Montreal and Toronto.
For more details on my speaking engagements, check out my LinkedIn page. In my “day job,” I’m a senior communications professional, providing writing, strategic counsel, media relations, event planning and management, and a variety of supports to my clients. To this end, I wear many hats and accordingly offer both Parenting-related as well as Public Relations/Communications/Digital Strategy presentations and workshops, including:
- Building Your Company Brand – How to Break Out of the Clutter
- How to Build Your Personal Brand in 5 Easy Steps
- Influencer Relations – How to Work with Bloggers
- PR 101 – How to Raise the Profile of Your Small Business
In addition to this blog, my parenting-related writing can be found on Huffington Post, The Globe and Mail, The Toronto Star, The Ricki Lake Show Magazine, Parents Canada, Technorati, iVillage.ca and What’s Up Kids amongst other publications.
I’m also a regular blogger at Huffington Post – you can read a list of my articles here.
As a featured contributor on 30Second Mom, I regularly provide a number of quick tips and parenting-related advice to mothers across the globe.
If you are interested in a full media kit and One Sheet, or hiring me for a speaking engagement, corporate workshop or seminar, please email me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Want more parenting advice and tips? Click on the image below to get your copy of my eBook today!