The Great Unwashed - Top 7 Tips For Surviving Bath Time
I toyed with calling this post “Night of the Thousand Baths,” because, being the parent of many certainly makes bath time a feel like a never-ending process.
- Someone’s favorite bath toy is missing
- Someone is having a meltdown
- Someone decides to debate the efficacy of regular hygiene (often an older child who has just learned the basic tenets of critical thought)
- Suit Up - Lay out the kids’ sleepwear in advance. Have it ready to go so that the transition from bath to bed will be speedy, smooth and stress-free.
- Fun and Games - Make the inevitable enjoyable. Bath crayons, bubbles, toys and more make the routine task of bathing an adventure of the imagination.
- Short Shrift - Don’t dawdle, even in the tub. Not only will you save your kids from prune-like appendages, but you’ll get the job done quicker if you give the overall bathing process a time limit.
- Double Up - If you have more than one child, save both water and your sanity and dunk ’em all in at the same time. Not only will it expedite the bathing process but it will make it a lot more fun for the kiddies.
- “Last one in…”- Strip down and join the fun sometimes. If you want to show the kids how it’s done, lead by example…and lead them out of the tub after wash and rinse
- Sing, sing a song - A repertoire of child-friendly tunes that are belted out while soaping up can’t be beat. Ask your kids.
- Early to bath, early to rise - Give the kids their bath as early in the evening as you can. They will be much less likely to melt down earlier in the evening than later.
What are your tips for getting through bath time quickly and easily? Looking forward to your feedback!
Want more parenting advice and tips? Click on the image below to get your copy of my eBook today!
Image courtesy of www.sheknows.com
Image courtesy of Image courtesy of www.sheknows.com and